Tuesday, August 12, 2014

DzC: Neptune Finished & Masking Trick


by Novus


I'm slowly working through my PHR army and getting it all painted the way I want.  Super quick post today...





I wanted the undersides of my flyers to be a light shade, like on the Focke Wulf 190 fighter above.  But, that complicates the painting of the rotating engine pods on the PHR dropships.  So, I needed a quick way to mask off the engines from the body while a paint the lighter shade on the bottom.  Lighting struck and I came up with what you see below.



Cut the finger off of a rubber glove.


Cut a very small hole in the tip of the finger.


This gets you get what amounts to a rubber tube with one narrow end.


Fit the narrow end (carefully) over your engines, or whatever you are trying to mask, and then paint the body as necessary (above).


Super simple way to mask off your hourglass-shaped parts that works great for things like these PHR dorpships!



Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...